Monday, November 22, 2010

Kanzashi

Hey everyone! :)

In my recent wandering, I stumbled across the most beautiful hair pieces - Kanzashi! Apparently, these were made in Japan for "apprentice geisha girls", and they certainly reflect the beauty and grace portrayed by the geishas!

Thanks to A Sunday Girl on Etsy, I found some instructions to make some simpler versions of these beautiful flowers!! I'm still at the stage of working with cotton and making more modern versions of these, but I'm hoping to start working with satin soon to make them more traditional! See what you think (and hey, google-images Kanzashi - they are amazing!)

Oh, and here's a free tutorial that someone might like. :)


To accent each flower, I make a fabric button in matching fabric/colour. :)




Please comment if you'd like to see these sold in my shop, and how you suggest I use them (ie, headband, hair clip, as an accent to a bag, etc.).

Hope you enjoy! :)
-Lucinda

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. I like the mix of plain and print especially. I would love to use them as a gift tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)

    Wow, I would never have thought of that! I can only imagine you'd attach some cardboard to the back to write on? Wow... that's a pretty detailed (and expensive) tag, but worth it for the right gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are gorgeous!! I think they'd be great on bags, hair bands, anything! :D

    ReplyDelete